Start a new topic
Implemented

Making an account hidden to net worth

I'm using an account to transfer money to my cash when i pay bills to my home, the hidden account represent my fiance part of expenses. So i want to monitor the total payment i make to my home, but i want to exclude that when i calculate my net worth. Is there anything like it? I've used it on Windows Phone's MoneyWallet.

Thanks in advice.

2 people like this idea

I'll do it. Thanks for help.

Hello Andrei, 

Oh, I understand now. This is MoneyWiz 1. It has been discontinued from sales, so I assume you have it for more than 3 month. 

Since in MoneyWiz 1 there is no option whether to exclude an account from the NetWorth indicator, you can use a workaround. 

For Example: 

In the Reports section, choose Account balance report, select all accounts, but the one that you want to exclude from the NetWorth, Choose one of the predefined periods (say, This Month).Generate the report. Once it has been generated, tap/click on the plus in the lower right of the graphic...it will aggregate the data and show you the NetWorth for the selected accounts. Last, you can click/tap Save and choose to Save Locally. The saved report is available for view at the bottom of the Reports section.

I have updated my previous reply, so this help other forum users. You can see it here: http://silverwiz.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/307523

Hello, thanks for your answer, but on 2nd page of edit menu i get this:

<iframe src="https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=A8EC856DAD69A0F3&resid=A8EC856DAD69A0F3%21387756&authkey=ALO3kuL-zJFHJIo" width="180" height="320" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

If I check to hide it, it hide my account but still consider it in NetWorth.

I'm using Android, btw. Hope I've accessed the correct section :D

Thanks again.

Exclude and account from NetWorth in MoneyWiz 2

In MoneyWiz 2, you can edit an account to hide from the NetWorth. It is a bit different on Mac and iOS. 

On Mac, when you can open the properties of an Account by right click on its name > Edit, and the popup will show. Note the two dots at the bottom of the Edit a Type Account screen, you can either click them or if the cursor is inside the Edit screen, .

Whilst, on iOS you can Edit from Setting > Account & Budgets > Tap on the Name of the account and then swipe right or tap Extended to reveal the second page of properties.

We like keeping in touch with the customers, please do not be discouraged to suggest features, ask questions or report an issue. An e-mail to hello@moneywizapp.com is always a guaranteed answer. 

Exclude and account from NetWorth in MoneyWiz 1

Since in MoneyWiz 1 there is no option whether to exclude an account from the NetWorth indicator, you can use a workaround. 

For Example: 

• In the Reports section, choose Account balance report, select all accounts, but the one that you want to exclude from the NetWorth, 
  • Choose one of the predefined periods (say, This Month).
  • Generate the report. Once it has been generated, tap/click on the plus in the lower right of the graphic...it will aggregate the data and show you the NetWorth for the selected accounts. 
  • Last, you can click/tap Save and choose to Save Locally. The saved report is available for view at the bottom of the Reports section.

For fresh information on MoneyWiz you can check our Guides & FAQ here: http://silverwiz.freshdesk.com/support/solutions