Start a new topic
Planned

Integrated Budget & Account forecast report

The request is to have a report that combines future commitments (scheduled transactions) and budgets, under the general idea that normally we all use 100% of our budget every month. This is important because the proyected cash flow should include those budgeted transactions as they are good estimates of future expenses.

For example, I might have a groceries budget of US$100/month, and I’m pretty certain that I will spend more or less that amount every month. But I might first spend $20, then $50 and then $30 on a particular month on that category. So, I know for sure that I’ll spend US$100/month in groceries, but do not know how that expense will be spent throughout the month, thus a scheduled transaction does not apply.

Moneywiz's support suggested in the meantime to create a scheduled transaction for an amount of the budget so that it gets included in the Forecast report. When it becomes due, one can just use the Skip feature so that it doesn't really get paid.

The disadvantage of this workaround is that Forecast report will display the amount one has actually paid in your budget + the 100% budget allowance (so the result would be too high). Therefore it'd be best if ro generate the Forecast report before starting to spend into one's budgets in the current month.

BTW... great work! I love the app so far.

-Patricio

14 people like this idea

Hi all! Any news about this feature and its inclusion in the coming soon new version 3? Thanks!

Hello!

MoneyWiz 3 is getting slightly delayed. We expect to ship it around end of Q2 this year.

As for its feature set - and the inclusion of this feature - more information will be announced at later date.

Login or Signup to post a comment