Start a new topic
Planned

Improvements in split transactions

I use this type of transactions very often and I think that there are some things that need to be improved:

• Allow to include in the same transaction income, expenses and transfers to another accounts.  In my case, there are transactions like salary that includes recording an income, expenses and transfer to investment account.  Paying a loan include the record of a expense (interest) and a transfer to the loan account.  Right now I have to make different transactions.
  • When I have to edit a split transaction there should be a way of changing the amount of only one of the lines.  At this moment, editing one line changes the amount of the other categories and it is necessary to include all the amounts again.

I have this situation in MoneyWiz for Android.

Regards.

17 people like this idea

Hi Carsten,

This feature will come in MoneyWiz 3. 

It's now two years ago since the request for split transaction into expense and income was put forward and nothing has happended. Banktivity (former iBank) has had this for ages and therefore I will continue to use Banktivity or alternatives. Too bad, Moneywiz to a large extend seems like a nice app but obviously is lacking some basic functiomality available elsewhere

Guess will have to wait a bit longer.  Thanks anyway.

Hi Romy,

That feature definitely won't make it as part of the MoneyWiz 2 updates. The soonest I think we can have it done is MoneyWiz 3, and not sure even it will be in 3.0 or later 3.x release. We'll try for 3.0 though.

What is the latest status with regards to having income, expense, and transfer in one single (split) transaction ?  The recent 2.5 update have many things that I like, but this single show stopper is keeping me from jumping onboard MoneyWiz.

Ok, thanks, now waiting support answer about online bank troubles )

Hi Igor,

Currently you can enter them as separate transactions, for until we implement complex transactions...

So any ideas how to manage bank and ATM fees ? Like separate transactions?

In this case don't forget to do "merge" function for future complicated "splits", so when we get expense+income split feature than can merge separate fees to main transaction with ease.

Igor, this is not as simple as a split transaction unfortunately. So let me put realistic expectations here -

1. We need to release for Windows

2. Then we need to do Investment accounts for all 4 platforms (iOS, Mac, Windows, Android)

3. Then we need to do tags

4. Then some more stuff that is highly requested

5. And just then we can focus on complex documents input, which you call "split" transaction...

So don't expect this in the next 3-5 months. I am sorry, but it's just not realistic. Things take time :/

Still waiting... All time a lot of people need to split transactions for expense and income categories same time.

I was just hopping on here to submit this as a request/suggestion. Great to see that it is planned. This will be a heavily used feature for me!

Bummer - this is the one feature stopping me from using money wiz.

Jan,

Unfortunately we are currently unable to provide any estimate regarding this feature.

Is there any timeline for this improved split transactions capability?

Thanks for taking into consideration my comments.  I hope v.2 come soon to see this and other improvements.

Regards.

Login or Signup to post a comment