Start a new topic

How to handle tax liabilties?

As I have money coming in (personal and/or business) it generates a tax liability (income tax, corporation tax, VAT)
How do I log these liabilities in MW

I looked at Loan Accounts - but they seem to expect monthly payments which does not fit

Any suggestions?

Or is this going to turn into a feature request?

Dear Michael,

What we are currently suggesting to customers is to use tags (http://silverwiz.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/225660-working-with-tags) to denote tax liabilities. You can then generate reports based on tags to a) see the total liability and b) see transactions that contribute to this liability. You can save the report locally so that it can be re-generated with a single click/tap from the Saved Reports section.

Not ideal

It would be useful to have the liability reflected in totals, so it doesn't feel like I have more money available than I really have

I guess what you could do is (and correct me if I'm wrong) create a category named "Taxes". So, every time you create a transaction (income or expense) that creates a tax, you could use the solit category function to discriminate the import into tax and real value. Then you would be able to graph your transactions for their categories and see how much money you've spent on taxes.
Login or Signup to post a comment