Start a new topic
Solved

There's something wrong with Forecast function

Hi!

I wanted to report something wrong about the logic of the forecast function. You see, the Forecast function should be helpful to know which is going to be the net worth at a specific time in the future. But in order for it to be effective, it should consider for the net worth only the accounts that you created and that you set to be included in the net worth. It should not consider all accounts otherwise, the information might be misleading. 

And that's whats happening in my case. I have several accounts, one of which I set not to be included in the net worth since that was going to be my saving account and because I don't want to count on that money during the month, I don't want it to affect the net worth. I called that saving account "Ahorros". 

So, if I enter my "Caja de Ahorro" account, I'll see I created a Transfer Transaction, where I transfer $6000 to that "Ahorros" account. Of course, that transaction affects the net worth since I'm removing money from an account that is included in the net worth to place it somewhere that's not included in the net worth. 

Now, If I go to the Scheduled Tab to access the forecast function, and for the example, I press on Sep 1st. And this is what I get:

Let's analyze the pictures. Considering that the expenses for the "Caja De Ahorro"'s account, considers the $6000's transfer transaction if we make the sum of the expenses of all the accounts AND we consider the "Ahorros"'s account should not affect the net worth, the final number should be $18036, instead of $12036. But because the Forecast is not considering that the "Ahorros"'s account is NOT included in the net worth, then for the total expenses, it just considers $12036. And that's wrong, very misleading information because when I get to Sep 1st and see that my net worth isn't $4824 but $10824, I'd get very surprised and in serious trouble maybe. Do you guys understand? 

I hope there's a fix for this! Thanks for the read.

Login or Signup to post a comment