To perform a full reinstall of MoneyWiz 2 on Windows please follow the steps below.
Please note that reinstalling MoneyWiz will irreversibly delete any image/PDF attachments you might have as we don't sync them for now.
- Close MoneyWiz and go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features, find MoneyWiz there in the list and Remove it.
- After you delete press key combinations Win() + R on your keyboard to execute Run window
- Inside the window that will appear type exactly: %appdata% and hit Enter
- You will be directed to AppData -> Roaming folder. On your keyboard tap the Backspace button to go back to folder AppData.
- From there go to Local folder, find and delete SilverWiz folder. Note: if you'd like to make a backup of your database (highly recommended if you have some data you don't want to lose and don't have a SYNCbits account) please copy this folder first to some safe place.
- Download and run this batch file: http://windows.moneywizapp.com/clear_cache.bat.zip (this is to prevent an error during reinstallation).
- Install MoneyWiz again from here if you were using the Purchase-based (Paid) version or from here if you were using the Subscription-based (Free) version.
- Sign in to your SYNCbits account if you have one.
If you need to place the MoneyWiz database backup you've made earlier, copy moneywiz-release.db file from SilverWiz -> MoneyWiz backup folder you've made earlier to the respective place in the User\AppData\Local\SilverWiz\MoneyWiz folder.