When troubleshooting an issue, we may request iOS crash logs to determine the root cause of the reported issue. Application crash logs are uploaded to your computer every time a sync is performed with your iOS device and iTunes.
Obtain crash logs directly from an iOS device
To obtain crash logs directly from your iOS device, see the following:
- Open the Settings app
- Select Privacy
- Select Diagnostics & Usage
- Select Diagnostics & Usage Data
- Locate any logs that are named MoneyWiz (listed in alphabetical order)
- Open the most recent crash log for MoneyWiz Copy all of the data and send to us. Alternatively tap and hold your finger on the log, choose Share and send over e-mail to us (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you're unable to locate logs directly on your device, we recommend proceeding to obtaining logs from your iOS device and iTunes as listed in the steps below.
Obtain crash logs from an iOS device using iTunes
To obtain crash logs from your iOS device manually using iTunes, you should first sync your iOS device with iTunes using your desktop/laptop computer to ensure you have the most recent logs.
Learn how to sync your iOS device with iTunes on your computer by reviewing the following Apple Support document - Sync your iPhone, iPad, and iPod with iTunes using USB
Locate crash logs using a Mac:
1. Open Finder
2. Select Go > Go to Folder from the menu
3. Enter (or copy & paste): ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice when prompted for name in the "Go to the folder" dialog
4. Click Go
5. Navigate to the folder with your iOS device's name
6. Select the crash logs with the file name MoneyWiz_<DATE_TIME>_<DEVICE_NAME>.crash
7. Copy the files to your Desktop, Compress them (Add to Archive) and send them to us.
Locate crash logs using Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10
After syncing your iOS device with iTunes, crash logs are located in directory:
1. The AppData folder is hidden by default, to access it: Open a "Computer" window to your personal folder: C:\Users\<USERNAME>
2. Then click on the address bar at the top which will change the display into Windows folder path, add \AppData to it, then click Enter:
3. Now that AppData folder contents are visible, you can navigate to the crash logs file path:
Locate crash logs using Windows: XP
File Path is as follows:
C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter\<DEVICE_NAME>
Once you have located your crash logs, please attach them to your MoneyWiz Support request for further analysis.